Welcome back to the Rickman Properties London blog. This is Part 2 of our discussion of the effects of the ‘new normal’ on the London property market, valuable information for real estate experts, prospective homeowners, and renters alike. As in Part 1, we’ll also be sharing some in-demand properties now on the market and discussing how buying Kensington and Chelsea property has changed in 2020.
With many companies realising that we’re working just as efficiently from home as in the office, we’re quickly becoming an unexpected nation of home workers, a ‘lasting lockdown legacy’ if you will. For many of us, this is great! Time to get some jobs done in the lunch break, a less rushed school-run and saving money on lunch (goodbye Pret, hello leftovers). But an almost symbiotic issue is dreaded background noise and unexpected visitors appearing in the Zoom background. Within just a year, home priorities for many of us have therefore shifted to favouring a space that can accommodate working from home. Here’s how properties in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea do just that…
Quiet Residential Streets
London is a vibrant city containing one of the largest financial centres of this world, making it an exciting place to live. However, with this can come busy streets resulting in occasional background noise. For those particularly averse to street-level sound, we recommend properties on quiet residential streets, namely a cul-de-sac or mews.
Kensington and Chelsea Cul-de-sac
A ‘blind alley’ or ‘dead end’ street, cul-de-sacs have no through road, thus limiting traffic in residential areas. This makes cul-de-sac properties especially valuable to those seeking a stronger feeling of privacy, local community, and quiet. To name a few delightful cul-de-sac properties now on the market in Kensington and Chelsea:
- Vicarage Gate, Kensington, W8 – Just north of Kensington High Street, Vicarage Gate is a peaceful cul-de-sac in the heart of Kensington, residing just behind Kensington Palace and Kensington Palace Gardens.
- Palace Wharf, Fulham, W6 – Palace Wharf is a superb secured gated, riverside development with soothing views of the river Thames towards Barnes waterside.
Kensington and Chelsea Mews
Originally designed to house domestic stables and carriage houses in the 17th century, these cobbled courtyards are now desirable residential areas housing small communities – the perfect enclosed settings for a work-from-home day. Mews are extremely popular in our Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, with two now up for rent with Rickman Properties London
- Lyall Mews, Belgravia, SW1X – Lyall Mews is in the Heart of Belgravia meaning it benefits from a superb central location with added privacy, peace and quiet.
- Clabon Mews, Knightsbridge, SW1X – Clabon Mews is a highly sought-after Knightsbridge location, quietly situated just moments from the bustle of Sloane Square, the Kings Road and Knightsbridge.
Transform a room to a Home office
Having a study might feel outdated and remind us of the long-gone days of a ‘computer room’, but with the 9-5 spent at home, a dedicated workspace is key to compartmentalising work from play. Take some serious inspiration from these properties now for sale…
- Harrington Gardens, South Kensington, SW7 – This smart three-bedroom apartment set over three floors was painstakingly renovated and now features a lovely dedicated study. Whilst double bedrooms are what one is usually drawn to, transforming a smaller bedroom into a home office is an extremely clever use of square footage going into 2021.
- Nevern Mansions, Earls Court, SW5 – This newly decorated apartment in a grand mansion block is comprised of three double bedrooms and a single bedroom which can be transformed into a study, ideal for a family or sharers where work-from-home privacy is desired.
We hope you enjoyed this two-part series on how 2020 has changed buying a property in Kensington and Chelsea. For enquiries about buying the perfect work from home property in the Royal Borough, contact us on 020 7937 9777 or email us on email@example.com.
Follow us on Instagram: @rickman_properties
Follow us on Facebook: @rickmanproperties
Follow us on Twitter:@Rickmanprop
Follow us on LinkedIn: Rickman Properties Limited