Here at Rickman Properties, we pride ourselves in providing landlords with an efficient, yet professional letting & management service specialising in the corporate rental sector.
We can carry out a free pre-letting service to advise you on the condition of your property, offer recommendations on any improvements to gain maximum rental, the legal aspect of lettings and of course a current market valuation. If your property is in poor condition, we can undertake refurbishment from start to finish, on time and on budget in order to achieve the maximum rental and effect speedy corporate letting.
(If you are a tenant please visit our tenants’ guide)
We also have an extensive marketing policy in place whereby we are pro-active in advertising your property on the major established web sites such as http://www.onthemarket.com, http://www.primelocation.com, http://www.zoopla.co.uk, http://www.rightmove.co.uk, As well as promoting through the Royal Boroughs finest magazines and News articles. Our work does not finish there! We have the most up to date property accounting software that ensures a carefree process of collecting your rent and depositing electronically directly into your designated bank account. You are also provided with a simultaneous computerised property statement detailing your account.
You are considered an overseas Landlord if you reside or work abroad for lengthy periods of time. It is important to firstly note that Inland Revenue regulations apply even if you are a non-UK resident. Moreover, non-resident Landlords must apply to the Inland Revenue Financial Intermediaries Claims Office (FICO) for authorisation (by way of an exemption certificate) to receive payment of your property rental “gross”, that is without deduction of Income Tax by letting the agent as required by law.
NB: The above is merely a guideline and for fully qualified advice, you should contact an appropriate Accountant or Tax Expert as Tim Hall of Hall & Co. – Tim.Hall@hallandcoaccountancy.co.uk
We are of the opinion that many Landlords do not realise the benefits of a professional managing agent managing their properties, whether you reside overseas or in the UK. Our continued property management duties are carried out by a highly trained team that specialises in this field, which includes liaising with local trades of every description, ensuring the cost of repair or replacement is kept to a minimum, arrangement of the EPC, Gas Safety certificate and the electrical (EIRC) report that your property is maintained to the highest standards. We also have the most up to date computerised accounts & management system which provides you with up-to-date information.
All potential Tenants are thoroughly vetted to ensure a ‘trouble free’ letting. We are also members of the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA), the Ombudsman Scheme, the Association of Letting Agents (ARLA), and the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) which has strict codes of practice including client money protection scheme which here at Rickman Properties adhere to. Please feel free to contact us regarding a free brochure, together with our terms and conditions outlining our services.
- Lettings Only Fee – 12% (incl. VAT), 10% + VAT, of the total rent payable over the term of the Tenancy Agreement or £600 (incl. VAT) whichever is the greater.
- Lettings and Management Fee – 18% (incl. VAT), 15% + VAT, of the total rent payable over the term of the Tenancy Agreement or £600 (incl. VAT) whichever is the greater.
- Management Fee – 6% (incl. VAT), 5% + VAT, of the total rent payable over the term of the Tenancy Agreement or £600 (incl. VAT) whichever is the greater.
- Rent Collection Service – 2.1% (incl. VAT), 1.75% + VAT, at the prevailing rate.
- Renewal Fee – 12% (incl. VAT) of the total rent payable over the term of the renewal or extension or of the relevant new Tenancy Agreement or £600 (incl. VAT) whichever is the greater.
We are members of the Client Money Protection Scheme (CMP), https://www.propertymark.co.uk/media/1045366/conduct-and-membership-rules.pdf
Form of Tenancy Agreement and Services
- For an initial agreement the charge will be £240 (incl. VAT)
- For a renewal or extension, the charge will be £102 (incl. VAT)
- Where Rickman Properties supervises works of any description costing £600 (incl. VAT) or more the owner will after the works have been substantially carried out pay to Rickman Properties an additional fee equal to 12% (incl. VAT) of the total cost of such works.
If the owner so requests and directly accepts responsibility with the inventory clerk or gas engineer for the charges to be incurred Rickman Properties will instruct an inventory clerk or gas engineer on the owner’s behalf.
Please call our office for a copy of our Terms & Conditions for Residential Lettings, which will outline our charges for Letting only, Letting & Property Management, Project Management and Renewal fees.